Zugriffsfreundlicheren Modus aktivieren
Zugriffsfreundlicheren Modus deaktivieren
Befehle des Menübands überspringen
Zum Hauptinhalt wechseln
Leiste für häufig verwendete Hyperlinks
Wir über uns
Sie sind hier:
Who we are and what we do
State Agency for Cross Border Cooperation and European Affairs (SGZE)
Who we are and what we do
Who does what
Who we are and what we do - Staff unit for cross-border cooperation and European affairs (SGZE)
Organisation and Tasks of the SGZE
The staff unit for cross-border cooperation and European affairs (SGZE) is directly assigned to the president of the district. While building the provincial administration in Baden-Württemberg the regional councils (RP) cooperate on bureaucratic matters. The RP represent the region within society and in cross-border cooperation and affairs. The regional council in Freiburg with its staff unit for cross-border cooperation and European affairs (SGZE), as an onsite authority, coordinates cross-border collaboration while reporting to the state ministry of Baden-Württemberg, the Department of the Interior Baden-Württemberg and the affected regional councils. The SGZE in Freiburg is responsible for the regional coordination of cross-border cooperation along with the regional councils in Karlsruhe and Tübingen. In Freiburg they administer the deputies chosen by the state along with the budget for cross-border projects, developments and offices (Upper Rhine Conference, IBK, INFOBEST and, until September 2015, for TRION-climate). Since 2007 the RP in Freiburg is also responsible for European affairs. The RP exercises legal and technical supervision through the Euro-Institut.
Established Key Tasks
1. Participation in cross-border bodies such as the D-F-CH Government Commission, the political, economic, social and scientific network in the Trinational Metropolitan Region Upper Rhine Valley (TMO), the administration of the D-F-CH Upper Rhine Conference (ORK), International Conference of Lake Constance (IBK), Upper Rhine Council (Forum of Elected Representatives) and the D-CH High Rhine Commission (HRK).
2. The implementation of diplomatic policies in the state region in the Upper Rhine Valley and Lake Constance area.
3. Organization and implementation of events (such as symposiums and citizen dialogues) for the state region in order to increase cross-border cooperation.
4. Development and implementation of concepts and initiatives of cross-border relevance with the neighboring countries, concerning in particular urban planning and settlements, environmental matters, economic structure, transport and traffic, scientific cooperation, climate protection, culture and civil protection.
5. Approval an supervisory authority for European Groupings of Territorial Cooperation (EGTC).
6. Processing and establishing the relation between the INTERREG community initiatives and the implementation of goals on a European and national level. The president of the district is chairman of the Monitoring Committee of the INTERREG V A-Program Upper Rhine.
7. Administration of personal and financial resources of the cross-border facilities. These include: positions in the IBK, secretary office of the D-F-CH Upper Rhine Conference, information centers as INFOBEST, EURES-T (European network which aims to support the mobility of employees in Europe) and TRION which is an Energy Network of the Trinational Region Metropolitain Upper Rhine and registered association (TRION-climate e.V.) since 01.10.2015.
8. Strengthening of the capacity within Europe of the RP Freiburg.