Other competent authorities for other recognition procedures

If we are not responsible for your concerns, please contact the offices responsible for your case listed below.


For the recognition of healtheare professions acquired abroad/in other federal States, such as the recognition of the profession of nursing speciaüst, piease contact Department 95.2 am Regierungspräsidium Stuttgart - Landesanerkennungsstelle für Gesundheitsberufe.

Applicants without German citizenship who have obtained a university entrance qua- lification abroad should send their application for undergraduate and post-graduate degree programmes



For the recognition of university degrees from abroad, please contact:

Zentralstelle für ausländisches Bildungswesen
Graurheindorfer Str. 157
53117 Bonn
0228 501-0
0228 501-777
Homepage: Kultusministerkonferenz

For information on academic titles from abroad contact:

Ministerium für Wissenschaft
Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg
Königstraße 46
70173 Stuttgart
0711 279-0
0711 279-3080
Homepage: Ministerium für Wissenschaft, Forschung und Kunst

For assessment of your vocational qualification, please contact the Chamber of Crafts responsible for your place of residence or the IHK FOSA (IHK Foreign Skills Approval / Industrie- und Handelskammer) in Nürnberg (Ulmenstr. 52g, 90443 Nürnberg, Tel. 0911 815060info@ihk-fosa.de).


For Fachhochschule qualifications (at Waldorf schools) obtained in Baden-Württem­berg, the regional council responsible for the respective Regierungspräsidium, Depart­ment 76, is responsible.


For use abroad, to prove that a certificate issued in Baden-Württemberg is authentic (apostille):

  • if it is a university certificate: Ministerium für Wissenschaft, Forschung und Kunst, Referat 12, Königstraße 46, 70173 Stuttgart
  • if it is a certificate from a national public school or vocational school: Ministerium für Kultus, Jugend und Sport, Referat 22, Thouretstraße 6, 70173 Stuttgart

For further school attendance at a national public school in Baden-Württemberg (Hauptschule, Realschule, Gemeinschaftsschule, Gymnasium), please contact the school you wish to attend directly. No recognition of foreign certificates is required for this. Recognition is only required for attendance at vocational schools.

If you have obtained the Fachhochschulreife in Baden-Württemberg and wish to study in a federal state other than Baden-Württemberg, please contact the respective recognition office of the federal state in which you wish to study.


If you have obtained a Hauptschulabschluss, Realschulabschluss or Allgemeine Hoch­schulreife in Germany, regardless of the federal state, you do not need recognition if you move to another federal state, as these school-leaving qualifications are automatically valid and recognised nationwide in Germany.

If you have obtained the Hauptschulabschluss and have also completed vocational training and would now like to have it checked whether you fulfil the requirements for obtaining the

Realschulabschluss (9+3), please contact the vocational school at which you completed your training directly. The respective vocational school is responsible for the evaluation and for issuing a corresponding certificate.